iWork Employment Services, LLC. is seeking a caring, enthusiastic teammate to work with adults with intellectual disabilities (can include mild to severe intellectual disabilities, Autism, ADHD, Down Syndrome, dual diagnoses, and/or any developmental disorder). The Career Advocate will assist and teach job tasks and social skills that increase a participant’s independence at their job site. The Career Advocate will provide intensive individualized training on specific skills needed including client assessment, counseling, intervention, and advocacy.
* Excellent verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to perform various job tasks i.e. janitorial, food service, and clerical in order to demonstrate for consumers.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule and adapt to schedule changes.
*Ability to read, write and communicate in English
* Compassion to treat developmentally disabled adults with dignity and respect
* Physically fit and comfortable with taking Public Transportation
* Provide constant awareness of the comfort and well-being of the consumer
* Be able to work closely with adults with disabilities.
* Must be comfortable speaking to the public.
* Must have excellent communications skills.
* Must have a strong work ethic.
* Must have a reliable car, a valid California Driver's License, insurance, valid registration, and a good driving record.
* Ability to provide transportation services to consumers when required
* Must be able to pass post offer health physical and TB test, and criminal record clearance.
If interested, please call:
(310) 742-5694 between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Compensation is based upon education and experience $13.25/hour - $15.00/hour
iWork is an Equal Opportunity Employer.